Saturday, August 23, 2008

School

In the event that everyone is sharing their back to school stories this time of year, I thought I would pipe in.

Everyone knows I am 30 right? Not really that young anymore, but young at heart. My husband has gone back to school (thank you Army for paying for it) and he inspired me to do the same. I found out I could get some credits for some work I have done in the past and have taken advantage of it.

So I started school on Thursday of this week. I should have taken my picture in my cute new outfit and looking really cute. LOL

Truth is I thought my first class was on Wednesday so I went at 6:30 in the morning and no one was in class. I was so mad and thought they had cancelled it. No...it was on Thursday. Is anyone surprised?

Now that I have my schedule in front of me and all written out I think I am good, but it is a little scary to be going back at such and age, but now is better than never. The kids are at a good age and I have it so early that they probably won't even know I am gone. I am excited and only took classes that I was excited about this semester.

Public Speaking- help me prepare for some of my speaking arrangements
Writing-help me in writing my book
Running/Jogging-get to train for a half marathon
Weight Training
Effects of Drugs in Society-

All of these classes excite me and have something concurrantly going on that will help me in my own life..so YAY for me. I plan to finish in the fall of 2010. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

ferntyler said...

good for you - you always manage to squeeze something else into your life (I'm thinking that's what keeps you sane) What's so funny about taking a picture of yourself on the first day of school? i totally support it - actually, have the kids take it, that would be easier :)

Tenae said...

How exciting! I love that excitement when school starts! I think I would like to go to school again someday....I just dont know when. Have fun!