Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I am crazy and thats why he loves me

Toby actually had an opportunity to read some of the blog the other day and mentioned in fun that I don't write about my husband enough! Oh, I love him.

Today we were talking on the phone and yet again came to the realization of how crazy I am. He in turn feels very lucky to have me, but I am a little high strung these last couple days.

I know the location that Toby is flying in to and to us from. My husband is too lazy :) to look and see how long the flights are to us. He would rather just ask me a million times and fester over it. Ok, so when I was up yesterday at 3:00 am and trying to think of something to do that was not productive..I started looking up flights. Toby said I was probably the only wife crazy enough to be doing that. I may be, but find that hard to believe.

I am crazy because I will try really hard to have everything perfect for him to come home when I already know I am going to blow up at everyone because something gets out of place at the wrong time. I am known for my scheduling and have it down to a T except for one small thing...
We don't really know when he will be here!! Yikes
I have a list of things to do in the final days and hours but don't have anything to gage it against.
Example: I want to get my nails done..has to be the day before so they are fresh. Laundry..I want it all done so he comes home to a clean house, but is laundry ever done? Cleaning, do I big clean now and just pick up later or pick up now and super clean right before he comes? Do I run my butt off to lose those extra pounds and risk injury or just sit around waiting for us to go running together?

All these things really have no merit and are not important at all, except in my crazy mind of counting down paychecks and then Sundays and now hours until I see him..I have to have something to pawn my craziness onto.

Toby is indeed coming home to a crazy person. Crazy for him that is :)

3 comments:

ferntyler said...

ah, crazy for him.. that's sweet! that's what makes us able to put up with all the weird stuff, right?

staci said...

I'm excited for you to get to see Toby again. Enjoy every minute! :)

Anonymous said...

Aaaw! Yeah, I wasn't able to pick Gabe up from the airport, but he got a ride home and was supposed to call me the moment he arrived at the Airport and was on his way. He didn't. I was sitting around, fretting because he hadn't called me (and my overactive imagination was in overdrive) and suddenly the door opened and he just walked right in like he was coming home from a normal day at work.. It was beautiful!
Of course, I didn't have on the outfit I was planning on wearing and my hair wasn't fixed yet but he didn't care! :)
I know you want it to be perfect, but just take a deep breath and enjoy your man!!
I'm sooo excited for you!!! YAY!