Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Olympics 2008

Ok, so in my previous life..or in years past. I have not really been a huge fan of the Olympics. I don't know why either. When they came to Utah for the Winter I was working at Wells Fargo and I remember we got these charms and some other goody bag crap that I am pretty sure I just threw away. I know bad attitude. We even went to some venues and hung out downtown a couple times in the mix..but I didn't get what all the hype was about. I did understand huge advertising opportunity it was for some companies, but had not shown any appreciation for it.

This year however..is different. I am not obsessed by any means and don't sit and watch it all day, but when I am watching TV I have been chosing the Olympics as my choice. I have been thinking of why this year it is different for me. My positive attitude has a big thing to do with it. Cheering on the underdog. Seeing people ACHIEVE what they have worked so hard for. Watching the smallest failure to the biggest success is amazing.

I was running at the gym the other night and gymnastics was on. As I watched her do her thing, I was really into it. Huge emotions for the experience. She stuck the landing and I almost yelled "YES" right there. Watching as belief barriers get broken!

I guess I have this great pride for our country also that I had not had in previous years. I do want us to kick major butt and show other countries how awesome we are. I love hearing the national anthem being played over and over and watching that flag get raised.

I won't complain to much about how dumb I think some of the sports are like: trampoline? but appreciate all the hard work they must have put into the sport? to go and compete.

GO USA!

No comments: