Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Make my peace

Coming home from the gym tonight I started warming myself up to the idea of making my peace with Utah. I love it here in so many ways. It is so beautiful and green. I love how clean it is. The one thing however that I do not like is the cold. Cold for me has changed with moving to El Paso.

Tonight it was 72 degrees. I was shivering leaving the gym. When I went to the gas station afterwards, I saw a newspaper with the front page stating we are going to be welcoming fall and winter very soon this year. WHAT? Are you kidding me?

I worry that my husband might get sick considering he is cutting his temperatures in almost half. It was 130 a week ago and 100% humidity. He is going to have to wear a coat while he is here I just know it.

In the wake of understanding I might as well get used to it because it is not going to stay hot for little old me..I changed one of my daily affirmations to say "I welcome the cold.. I look excellent in my winter clothes this year"

Bring it on Utah..I can keep buying layers to give me some comfort right?

3 comments:

TJ said...

LOL! Liz you are too funny!! I would love to be in Utah right now, but I am stuck here in El Paso... Our air conditioner is on the fritz for some reason, and it gets SO HOT in the evenings. It is uncomfortable. Anyway, I cant complain too much... I love the hot weather, right? Take care of yourself.. I hope you enjoy your time there. Miss you lots though...

ferntyler said...

I would have a hard time with the cold, too, but 72 is comfy! In hot places, you are limited to like one outfit a day - in utah you can wear like 3 - long sleeves, then short sleeves, then jacket :)

staci said...

You can move to St. George!! :) Still in Utah, yet always warm!! ;)