Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sick to my stomach-my view on the race

My stomach is sick tonight after reading that Obama has picked Biden as his running mate. Not that I thought there was a better choice, but that I am just sick about the whole thing. This is my view on the Presidential race. I know there is some sort of delay on telling people who your running mate is but it just seemed that Obama is playing the media and the American people to see where he stands.
To me he is someone that is just seeing how much power he can get and not really wanting a "CHANGE" in anything.

These times are going to get kind of dark and dreary. I am an optimist but not stupid to think that if I just keep thinking positive the world will do the same. I am in wonder at what my part in all this is. I wonder if McCain is that much better. I wonder if one person really can make a difference. If I go out and am a big supporter of one person will it really matter.

These next couple of months will not really change anything in the present but they are keeping the ball rolling and I hope we can change it to a new direction. I hope all of us will get involved and do our part. I pray that we will all be looking at ourselves and in our homes and making sure we are giving our all to our families and our country.

I am just sick about it, but can't let the fear stop me. Toby and I have some deep conversations coming up, I know it. When he goes back I am going to find my niche and run with it. Ok, so I have about 20 niches, but hey..all I need is the energy and I will succeed at every one of them.

1 comment:

ferntyler said...

interesting - I didn't know you felt that strong about politics. Is it sad that I didn't really care who he picked? I appreciate that he says he is pro-change, but I don't support change when it is going to cost me more tax money! I hate to sound selfish, but I'd rather pick who to give my money, too, than have the government take it and spend it on $1200 toilets..