Saturday, October 25, 2008

If it smells like crap and tastes like crap, is it crap?

Honestly.. the other day I purchased a new protein shake. It is really good for you, but I put it in my shaker and was off to the gym. I pop it open to guzzle it down and it smells really bad. I thought it might be the shaker, so I go home and get a new cup. It still smells bad.

Like any new fitness fanatic, I realize that nothing good for you tastes good and start to drink it. IT WAS REALLY BAD! I have a weak stomach and had to hold down puking.

Fast forward to the gym.. start running, sprinting my first interval and what? Holy cow..my stomach hated this stuff. I threw it out so I cannot tell you what the brand was, but it was chocolate of some type and I am convinced they mixed it with manuer.

Sticking with safe Vanilla for awhile!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gabe has drank these types of shakes before. I tried them and they were soooo nasty. I have no idea how he managed to choke them down. I tried and couldn't do it.

ferntyler said...

dude - that stuff is so gross, i hate even the smell of all those things - I try chocolate milk and vanilla milk - they've done studies and it is some of the best recovery drink you can get (and it isn't disgusting!)..