Sunday, November 30, 2008

What is your Perspective?

Some times I have a hard time putting things into perspective but I did this week. On Tuesday I got Cera in the running stroller and we were headed up to get Carmen form pre-school. It is only about 1.8 miles one way so no big deal. I get to her school feeling awesome. On the way back Carmen and Cera get Artic Circle so they will stay in the stroller for the run back. It was on this run back that I got teary eyed.

I know you have all seen this video, but I was thinking about it and I started to cry. I was crying because I was putting myself in his perspective. If someone were to jump in my life right now they would probably see chaos. With Carmen in the stroller it was 25 pds heavier for the run home. I thought about how much harder it is to be pushing someone, not only the weight but the strain on the arms from not swinging. The pain started to come to my legs at the end also.




I pushed on and made it home in record time and then finished my PT Test with 17 pushups and 58 situps, but I don't want to forget that feeling of an inkling of what he might of felt. About and hour later Carmen wanted to go for a run with me so we headed out around the block.. She made it a quarter of a mile and wanted me to hold her. I put her on my back and started to jog..the thoughts came to me of my husband who ran with a 35pd ruck on his back for 26 miles in over 100 degree weather and came in first for the Army in the Bataan Death March. I ran about a quarter of a mile and had to put her off my back. I thought at that moment how amazing Toby is and I felt a greater appreciation for that achievement he made.



In all we do, if we just put ourselves in someone else's perspective we can gain a better appreciation for the simple things we do everyday. I am thankful to have been enlightened and grateful to partake in the spiritual experience to gain a better appreciation for those around me that work had and push to the limits.

No comments: