Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Years!


I for one have NEVER liked New Years. Well, maybe in High School, but I remember working a couple years and going to bed early more years. Usually, to really let you all know about me, I start a fight with my husband. Many many years of fighting on this day has led me to not like it. I don't know why I do. You know when you get mad at yourself and take it out on someone else? That is totally me on this day. In the past I get so mad at myself for not doing what I wanted that year that I get mad at Toby for letting me let it go. So Stupid I know.

Well this year, I promised Toby no fighting and celebrated with him in text at 2 in the afternoon when it hit midnight for him. He is indeed my man of the future and let me know that food even tasted better in 2009.. what a show off..lol.

As I dreaded the rest of the night I was lucky enough to have my sister Jen and her husband Mark with their kids still here. They always celebrate everything big. I got poppers and sparkling cider at the store and planned to stay awake until 12. It took forever. At 11 I was ready to hit the hay. I stuck it out.

Here is a picture of Courtney when the clock struck 12 on the tv.



Here are the kids outside banging pans


Fireworks.



Sparkling Cider




My sister and her husband helped me laugh on this day and that is very unusual for me. Makes me think of how fun this day could be in the future! Happy New Year to everyone. I hope 2009 brings anything you are in need of and then some.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I can't believe I missed this post before--new years eve was awesome, you know you'll want to be back for more in 2 years ;-) !!